Here’s my own version of the month worth of menu. I go far beyond the traditional 30 day menus because I like a little wiggle room, when planning my weekly menu. Substitutions will be presented at the bottom of the list.
Another reason is my daughter would eat shake and bake something seven nights a week if I would let her. Like this she can choose what she likes and we have a better selection. Since the menu does not list shake and bake chicken or shake and bake pork chops more than once a month, that’s how often we have that meal.
Notice almost all my meals include some sort of meat dish. Kate will not eat her meals without meat or a veggie. I change up the veggies to fit the meal we are having, but the most of our veggies for now are out of the can or frozen.
33 Day Menu
1)Lemon garlic chicken and veggies
2) Spaghetti—you choose the base, veggies only, ground meat, chicken, shrimp, hot dogs, sausage, fish
3)Pork chops and au gratin potatoes (shake and bake, baked, grilled, smothered)
4)Fish sticks and macaroni and cheese
5)Smothered chicken and green beans, served over white rice
6) white beans and rice with smoked sausage
7) Red beans and white rice with smoked sausage
8)Chicken stew with white rice
9) Potato stew
10) Hamburger steaks, brown gravy, mashed potatoes
11) Grandma’s meal
12) Fresh sausage (smothered, fried, or grilled) with a package side and a veggie
13) Pork roast, with fresh veggies, white rice, fresh breads
14) Beef Goulash
15) Jambalaya with corn on the cob (choose your meat–hot dogs, smoked sausage, chicken, beef, shrimp)
16) Lima beans, rice, smothered chicken
17) seven steaks smothered, with a red gravy, white rice, and field peas
18) Shake and bake chicken, potato dish
19) New recipe
20) Kate’s choice of meal
21) Baked chicken, rice dressing, sweet peas
22) pancakes and sausage
23) breakfast for supper (eggs, biscuits, sausage or bacon, jelly on the side, grits)
25) Chili Mac
26) Banquet Crockpot meals
27)Mexican night (tacos, burritos, cheese roll ups, rice, salad)
28)Penne pasta bake
29) Chili and chili beans
30) pork stew
31) gumbo (chicken, shrimp, with okra, without okra, sausage, seafood again choose your on meat and veggies to add)
32) hot dogs and chili, chips and cucumber sticks
33) chicken alfredo, green beans, bread sticks
34) Chicken patties sandwiches (we like Tyson the best), tator tots or French fries
35) French bread pizza (pizza sauce then the sky is the limit on what else you add, hamburger meat crumbled, pepperoni, just veggies, bacon, ham bits)
Potato soups, veggie soups, beef or chicken soups are quick and easy. I keep all my fresh prepared soups in the freezer except for the potato soup as it doesn’t freeze well. Also I can almost always pull off a salad as a meal with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and shredded cheese. With the same shredded cheese I can make cheese tacos. I always also have on hand eggs, so I can do scrambled/fried eggs, egg or tuna salads.
Enjoy, I hope ya’ll like the read,
I always have fast foods handy, French fries, tator tots, hot dogs, smoked sausages, corn dogs, frozen pizzas. The banquet crock pot meals have recently jumped up in our area by 3.00, so that will be off the menu in the next week or so.
I will post recipes, my variations, and an round about guess at price per meal.